Hi, I’m Rodrigo!
I'm a facilitator and stakeholder engagement professional. I'm also a City Councillor representing Ward 2 in Guelph, Ontario. This page focuses on my work as a facilitator and stakeholder engagement professional. For information about my work as a City Councillor, check out www.ward2guelph.ca
Over the last ten years, I have worked with government, non-profits, and business, helping people have meaningful conversations and effective meetings. I love to plan and facilitate well-crafted meetings where everyone knows why they are there, everyone has a chance to participate, we get through the agenda, and there are tangible results at the end of the session.
I would love to help you plan your next session. Let's grab a coffee and talk about your stakeholder engagement project or upcoming meeting.
Have you ever sat through a terrible meeting? Maybe the purpose wasn't clear, people didn't know why they were there, or the conversation went sideways? Unfortunately, bad meetings are all too common, and they can at best be a waste of resources, and at worst, deeply demoralizing. But it doesn't have to be this way. I can help.
Great meetings and events start well before anyone sets a foot in the same room. I work with the process owners to create a carefully crafted plan so the right people are in the room, there is a clear purpose, and we have appropriate facilitation techniques in place.
I have an extensive toolkit of facilitation techniques including:
- Open Space Technology
- Design Charrettes
- World Cafes
- Open Houses
- Focus Groups
- Expert Panels
Do you need to get feedback from a group to inform your decisions? I create comprehensive plans to make sure that you get the information you need to inform. Sometimes this means planning in-person facilitated meetings, but often it involves a host of other engagement tactics, including:
- Online, mail-out or Telephone Surveys
- Online discussion forums
- Kitchen table discussions
- Tailgate conversations
- Guided site visits
I know what you're thinking - sure Rodrigo, this all sounds snazzy, but what have you actually done? Quite a bit actually. These are some of the sessions I have recently planned or facilitated:
- Strategic Planning (Planning & Facilitation)
- The People and Information Network (formerly the Guelph-Wellington Volunteer Centre)
- The Boardroom - Guelph's Game Cafe
- Open Space Technology (Planning & Facilitation)
- Transition Guelph Visioning Session
- City of Guelph Open Government Action Plan
- City of Guelph Round Tables Visioning Session
- Online & In-Person Surveys (Coordination and survey development)
- Guelph Parking Master Plan
- Guelph Animal Control Bylaw Review
- Geese Management Control Strategy Feasibility
- LED Street Lights Implementation Study
- Guelph Humane Society Community Cat Population Study